Kewl Software Happenings

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cool Numbers

I realize that I am violating my warning in the previous post by the very act of creating this new post, but I suspect that if you happen to be any sort of technologically, economically, and/or mathematically inclined individual, you will find that my trespass can easily be overlooked as a result of the great value you will find in this information. Allow me to provide a bit of a background first (at the very least it will serve to whet your appetite for the information even more). As is common for most weeks in our house, there comes a time during the day each Sunday when an important decision must be made: do we succumb to the drowsiness which invariably attacks by taking a nap, or do we purchase and consume a liquid substance known for its caffeinated properties in an attempt to ward off drowsiness for another hour or two. Today, my wife and I opted for the liquid refreshment, for which I of course agreed to pay, on the condition that it was my wife who would procure the beverages. Feeling extremely lazy, I allowed my wife to seek out my other pair of pants where my last few dollars had found a temporary (as seems to be all too often with cash) resting place. As my wife was preparing to embark on her journey of procurement, she noticed an interesting inscription on one of the dollar bills she held in her hand. The inscription read "See where I've been. Track where I go next! www.WheresGeorge.com". Upon realizing what the inscription implied, I hurried to the nearest computer (which happened to be within 15-20 feet of where I was sitting--fortunately) and within moments I was viewing one of the most interesting web sites I have ever come across. I would highly recommend visiting this site, and in fact, I include the link here for your convenience: http://www.WheresGeorge.com

While at the WheresGeorge site, I also found a link to a site that turned out to be equally as interesting. If you like mathematics in any way, you are sure to find this site interesting: http://www.coolnumbers.com

Both sites are definitely worth a visit, and I'm planning to spend a few minutes in my Introduction to Computer Applications class tomorrow to show them these small Internet treasures that I have uncovered.

5 Comments:

  • Oh well, you stold my idea, but at least you told it funnier than I could. :-)

    By Blogger Shanti, at 4:09 PM  

  • sigh..."stole" I meant "stole".

    I gist kan't tipe lately.

    By Blogger Shanti, at 4:10 PM  

  • Kalamazoo, MI

    By Blogger John, at 5:50 PM  

  • How would you like to live in a town called Kalamazoo?? Personally, I think it would be kind of cool. Like living in Udaghamandalam. That's Ooty's real name. :-) Then some people decided to shorten it to Ootacamund, and others said "for Pete's sake!" and called it Ooty.

    By Blogger Shanti, at 8:23 PM  

  • I am now addicted to Where's George. Thanks a lot, Mr. Delano. :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home